Position Title: Finance director
Definition of Duties: The Finance Director is responsible for managing all aspects of the financial systems at Trillium. In addition, the position provides support to Directors and Managers in the implementation and presentation of information vital to making data-based decisions for the organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of Position:
1. Maintain accurate financial records
2. Manage and monitor the budget process
3. Oversee biweekly payroll and all related payroll tax filings
4. Manage all other taxes, corporate filings, and auditing
5. Oversee operational contracts and manage some related administrative functions.
6. Manage staff pertaining to this role.
7. Carry out additional responsibilities as identified and assigned by the Executive Director
1. Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Finance highly desired (or equivalent experience)
2. 5+ years of finance/full charge accounting experience
3. Proficient in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office applications
4. Excellent people skills, to include interpersonal skills, oral and written communication with experience collaborating in a multi-disciplinary, diverse, and dynamic team.
5. Demonstrated experience in financial management and accounting, ideally in the nonprofit sector
6. Demonstrated resourcefulness in setting priorities, proposing new ways of creating efficiencies, and guiding investment in people and systems
7. Flexible and a self-starter; able to manage multiple deadlines and be highly detail-oriented
8. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to Trillium’s mission
9. Ability to work well independently and as a collaborative team member
1. Responsible for full charge accounting functions including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, managing the General Ledger and reconciliation process
2. Responsible for processing biweekly payroll for 80+ employees with QuickBooks; prepare all related payroll tax filings; coordinate with HR accordingly.
3. Prepare comprehensive accurate and timely financial reports, to include internal/external reporting requirements and maintain financial reporting systems
4. Reconcile all bank accounts, AR and AP monthly
5. Prepare annual organization budget and ad hoc reporting for financial discussions, which also includes program budgets
6. Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and ensure compliance and corrections
7. Coordinate with HR for benefit contracts, policies, and employee elections.
8. Manage fixed assets and depreciation
9. Preparing for annual audit and work in partnership with CPA to complete the audit process
10. Assist Program Managers with county audits
11. Prepare documents for the 990 non-profit federal income tax return
12. Coordinate year end 5500 reporting with third party administrator
13. Research and report on relevant data from Quickbooks and SetWorks and other resources to facilitate data-based decisions for the management team
14. Manage staff accordingly
15. Inform Executive Director of needed financial policy changes, financial status updates, and budget deviations.
16. Provides status of financial condition of agency by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data
17. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, advising management on needed actions
1. Negotiate and maintain service contracts on equipment as needed (Contracted IT, Telephone, office space, office equipment) and related operational needs of the organization
2. Assure adequate records retention and historical data
3. Prepare and maintain all corporate filings
4. Manage insurance in compliance with contracts
5. Prepares information for funding contracts as requested
6. Responsible for positive communication with all internal and external interactions with Trillium’s finance department.
These values are important to this role:
Accountability Answerable for personal actions and take responsibility for others’ actions. The ability to follow through on commitments and take initiative when necessary
Innovation Extending beyond daily responsibilities and routines offering new, bold, value-added ideas beneficial to the organization.
Professionalism Respectfully and cooperatively work with others to accomplish the organizations goals and objectives.
Visioning Ability to see the large picture, moving with others to create and realize a shared future.
Sustainability Capacity to produce, thrive and endure in the midst of uncertainty and constant change.
Immediate Supervisor: Executive Director
Positions Supervised: Office Manager/Bookkeeper
It is the policy and intent of Trillium to comply with all federal and state laws concerning non-discrimination and equal access for employment and receipt of services or supports. This policy exists regardless of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, limited English speaking ability or political beliefs.